REIKI – THE HEALING TOUCH
Somehow, I’ve always known that I’m a healer. As a child, I was thoughtful, curious, dreamy and extremely nurturing.
I also remember experimenting with energy, having precognitive dreams and being hyper-sensitive to the physical and emotional environments around me.
Sharing my knowing with others was a struggle so I kept to myself. Partly because we are often met with resistance, either from our friends, family members, society or ourselves. I didn’t want to be different, at least not back then.
It wasn’t until much later in life that I fully embraced being different and came across reiki healing. I initially went in for a session to help manage my own energy levels and find some support during a transformational time in my life. After a few sessions I became fascinated by the opportunity to learn a healing technique where no particular effort was required and there was no risk of draining my own energy in the process. And so, I become a reiki practitioner.
So, you may wonder, what exactly is reiki healing?
Reiki is a Japanese healing modality that is used for relaxation and stress reduction. It involves a gentle hovering or touch of the healer’s hands on the receiver’s body, using different hand positions so that energy can flow through.
How does Reiki work?
By channeling positive energy and moving it from outside the body- inward. Some describe it as “a movement of life force.”
There are many wonderful benefits of Reiki. Reiki is a very simple process, but usually produces quite profound effects.
5 HEALTH BENEFITS OF REIKI:
- Assists the body in cleansing itself from toxins and supports the immune system.
- Releases energetic blocks or pent up energy that causes anxiety. Reiki can be used to clear those internal blocks and facilitate a path-clearing to promote harmony and balance.
- Helps manage stress, anxiety, depression, chronic pain and infertility.
- Clears the mind and improves sleep and focus.
- Helps you let go and creates space for intuitive ideas to come through.
Reiki is powerful, yet wonderfully gentle and nurturing. Anyone can learn to become a reiki healer to improve and enhance the quality of their life and the lives of others.